Located in the center of South Carolina, Columbia is South Carolina’s capital city and boasts a thriving arts and culture scene, burgeoning entertainment districts and an ever-growing business climate.
Recognized as being “Famously Hot,” Columbia has quickly come to be known as the “New Southern Hot Spot. Home to the US Army’s largest training installation, the city is easily accessed via three major interstates (I-77, I-26 and I-20) and situated at the convergence of three rippling rivers that have become internationally acclaimed for rafting and offer the perfect setting for jogging and walking.
Columbia Mayor, Stephen K. Benjamin, Welcomes You to Columbia
Rankings and Accolades
- Best Places for Business and Careers Ranked 76 out of 200 metro areas by Forbes/Milken Institute
- Hot Mid-Size Cities for Entrepreneurs Ranked #8 by Entrepreneur.com
- Strongest U.S. Metro Economies Ranked 14 out of 40 metro areas by Bloomberg
- Top 10 Great Places to Live Ranked 5 out of 10 by Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
- Best Places to Live and Work and One of “America’s 50 Hottest Cities for Business Relocations and Expansions Expansion Management