Enhanced Construction Opportunities
The Columbia Metropolitan Airport ECOproject is the name given to the body of Capital Improvement Projects that the airport currently has underway or has planned for the near future. “ECO” stands for Enhanced Construction Opportunities and was selected to speak to the fact that Columbia Metropolitan Airport’s construction projects will not only enhance the airport’s commitment to the environment by being Ecologically friendly but will also enhance the airport’s obligation to be as Economical as possible by lowering energy costs and maximizing efficiency.
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport is a City of Columbia Certified Green Business
- Projects are GreenSpec, Energy Star and International Energy Conservation Code certified
- $60 million in CIP projects between 2010 – 2018
- $300,000+ savings in annual energy costs
- 14 MW of power on 44 acres of solar panels over the next five years 2015-2020
- ECOnomy of time & effort – Ensuring guests can travel through our airport quickly and easily (Fly with ease)
- ECOlogical impact – Reducing our carbon footprint
- ECOnomize – Saving money by lowering energy and other costs
- ECOnomic Development – Serving as a lynchpin for the business development opportunities both on the airport’s immediate campus and in the surrounding metropolitan area.